[ view entry ] ( 829 views ) | [ 0 trackbacks ]
Wolpertinger will now properly build again with Juced SVN.
Build process works something like this:
1. Get Juced
svn checkout http://juced.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ juced -r163
2. Build Juced
(cd juced/tools/linux; ./manage make lib)
3. Get VST SDK 2.4
... point browser to Steinberg's developer site... Setup "3rd party developer account"... Provide Email address for SPAM... Sign in blood the provided License Agreement... Sell soul to Satan... Finally, unzip the SDK to subdirectory vstsdk2.4...
4. Get Wolpertinger
svn checkout svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/tumbetoene/wolpertinger/trunk wolpertinger
5. Build Wolpertinger
(cd wolpertinger; make; make config=release)
Done! You will find the normal binaries in build/Release and debug binaries in build/Debug.
Once you did the setup you can just run
cd wolpertinger; svn update; make; make config=release
to make the latest Wolpertinger.
Note that point 3 (the PITA point) is the reason we need a set of free-as-in-speech VST-compatible plugin headers - a Vestige for Plugins (VFP). If you want to help constructing one, contact me.
[ view entry ] ( 657 views ) | [ 0 trackbacks ]
* MIDI parameter changes now update the GUI
* Binaries are no longer linked to OpenGL
* Debug and Release binaries included.
Audio snippet: mp3
32-bit Binaries for Linux: Download
Source code: Subversion
[ view entry ] ( 1418 views ) | [ 0 trackbacks ]
Arduino Java IDE is nice to get a sketch up and running quickly, after a while you might want to use your favorite editor or IDE to write your sketches (I like Codeblocks). There is a Makefile included in the Arduino archive which can be used for this purpose, but it does not work out-of-the-box in 0017 without a few changes. These are the changes I made:
- removed wiring_serial.c from source file list (no longer used in 0017)
- made clear that AVR_TOOLS_PATH is platform dependent (choose one, see makefile)
- added empty error handler for pure virtual function calls in preprocessing section (sketches won't link without it)
- made error messages refer to the actual .pde file in preprocessing section
- enabled auto-reset with stty (makes resetting the board before uploading unnecessary - the IDE does this automatically, but the Makefile didn't)
- added all subdirectories of .../hardware/libraries to compiler include path, like the IDE does it
You can get the file here.
[ view entry ] ( 719 views ) | [ 0 trackbacks ]
Juced library it can be used both as a standalone application supporting JACK or ALSA audio outputs, and as a native VST plugin.
Short Audio Sample (made with Renoise, Nekobee bass and some automation)
Download v0.1 for Linux, 32bit (Standalone and VST versions)
Get source code via Subversion
[ view entry ] ( 917 views ) | [ 0 trackbacks ]